You put your hard earned money and time into your home. Whether it’s new construction or an older home, let us help you fully protect your home. We can provide policies to cover fire, lightning, theft, hurricanes & more.
Most common homeowner policy types:• HO-3 Homes & some townhouses, includes wind coverage, not flood.
• HO-6 Condos and townhouses (covers from the studs in)
• DP-3 The most common landlord policy
• Flood Insurance - A separate policy, but occasionally offered as an endorsement/add-on to an HO.
How much should you insure your home for?
Replacement Cost vs. Market Value
• Replacement Cost – Estimated cost to rebuild from ground up and proper amount to insure your home for. Subject to rise or fall due to material and construction costs.
• Market Value – This home value includes the lot and can vary greatly based on location. Subject to change based on market conditions, supply & demand. Should not insure based on this amount.
Homeowers Policy Coverages:
A – Dwelling – Based on Replacement Cost Estimate
B – Other Structures – Detached garage, shed, fence, etc.
C – Contents – Your personal belongings
D – Additional living expenses – If home becomes uninhabitable
E – Liability – Personal liability, protecting you for accidents on and off your property.
F – Medical Expenses – Covers others injured on your property.
Endorsements – Extra options that can be added on to a policy.
Deductibles• Higher deductible = Lower premium payment & more out of pocket in event of substantial claim
• Lower deductible = Higher premium payment & less out of pocket in event of substantial claim
• Deductible options - Wind, AOP (All other Perils)
Insurance Related Inspections
• 4 Pt. Inspection – Gives an overview of house, it’s construction, plumbing, electrical & roof life. Includes pictures.
• Wind Mitigation Report – Provides info on roof, type, how it’s attached and covered. Also details doors and windows. A favorable report can save hundreds of dollars on insurance. The report can make suggestions for improvements.
• Elevation Certificate – Useful for flood insurance quotes, but not required. Measures height of home in comparison to Base Flood Elevation.
Homeowners Insurance Quotes
We will help you choose the right coverage for your needs. Long time Florida home and condo owners know how confusing buying homeowners insurance can be, but not with Wornicki DelVecchio Insurance Agency, Inc. at your side. We have direct access to Florida's top homeowners insurance companies, some of which have already survived some of the most costly hurricane seasons. For free homeowners quotes, please fill out the form to the right .
Warning, please do not wait until there is a named storm in the Gulf of Mexico to try buying insurance, we are restricted at those times.
Due to the flooding risk here in Florida, we will provide a flood quote with all homeowners quote requests, regardless of zone.